Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ease into Summer ~



These yummy mushrooms grow on my brother's property upstate Kent, NY.
My brother calls this picture :: 'The three amigos' for obvious reasons.
(Yellow Morel - Morchella esculenta).
He made them for me .. just a little butter, salt & pepper .. mouth watering.!



The second picture is a favorite dish from our childhood .. that my Grandma would cook for us. We called it .. 'tomato's and eggs' though aka eggs in purgatory', this was a dish during the depression era. Saute some fresh garlic in olive oil, chop up the tomatoes, salt, pepper, fresh basil .. add the eggs , oh boy.!!

Those were bottled tomatoes and fresh herbs from the garden. Yum!

Navigating Food Labels::
Did you know the label "100 Percent Natural" has different meanings for chicken fingers, cookies and various other foods? Or that those "cage-free" chickens might not ever have seen the outdoors? Here's a guide to help sort out what's meaningful, what's dubious — and what's total fluff.

One of my dearest and oldest friend Kat just put up June 2008 'Rock Tarot' readings, a fun and insightful site I think you would enjoy. To visit her page click on: RockReadings.
(I read them all, and was so surprised to read Pisces.!! She made me smile.)

Ok, are we ready to 'ease' into Summer fun.! Well, with the price of gas, the cost of food and everything else happening in the world.. we should still find that quiet time to decompress and
enjoy the many blessing in our lives. For me, its enjoying my garden.

Remember .. to protect your skin, and stay hydrated.! And don't forget our furry friends, they need plenty of water as well.

Back in stock::

- Carrot Seed Hungary
- Clove Bud Madagascar
- Neroli Tunisia
- Violet Leaf Absolute France
- Yarrow Austria

The new and improved SunRose site is still working out some 'bugs' , so please, if you are experiencing any problems, please write me so that we can fit it right quick.!

I hope your garden is growing and thriving !
~ until next time, Rosanne

No comments: